Saturday 10 December 2011

The day has finally arrived!

After running around like a chook trying to get everything ready..... I went to bed around 12.30 am and set the clock for 6.00am..... Only the clock was am already so it wouldn't have gone off until 6pm so needless to say I slept in!!!!!!
Not really being a morning family... Surprisingly we jumped into action and got everything done!!
The hardest part was leaving Christie :( I really wished she was coming with us!!
Mark wanted to have some US money for when we arrived so Aden & Patrick went and changed some money and then we went through customs.
Not long now........
Getting nervous...
A quick visit to the Qantas lounge before our flight... A champagne to calm the nerves, a Skype date with Christie and we were ready to board!
The flight to Sydney was uneventful and one of the smoothest I'd ever experienced....(although I did have a travel calm tablet....)
We changed planes in Sydney and Aden was pulled over for a "random" bomb test.
The kids were really disappointed they didn't have individual tv screens, but they loaded 400GB of movies and tv shows on their personal iPods and iPhones It didn't really matter!
The flight was ok *insert sarcasm* I was getting kind of nervous... Ok freaking out.. When the captain kept repeating the YOU MUST PUT YOUR SEATBELT ON & PLEASE KEEP IT ON!!
Then we'd have the worse turbulence for 10 minutes! I'd freak out everyone he said that because I knew what was coming!! Poor Mark's arm is black and blue from me grabbing it!
After no sleep and watching the last season of Glee, The Big Bang Theory and Gossip Girl (thanks Christie xx) we finally arrived in LA LA land!!
I thanked God and Carol's travel angel and we headed for customs.
Of course we got in the wrong line and everyone was getting through quicker! Finally when it was out turn, we were excited because we could finally begin our holiday...... In the US they finger print you and take a facial photo!! Of course our customs agent seemed to be on a go slow as he was taking ages to process our documents! Finally he stands up and says that there is an issue with Aden and they need to take him away!!!! Two agents come over and tell us to keep moving and go collect our bags and by this time I am frightened and a bit angry and annoyed! We are not leaving our son I told the agent and he looked at us and could tell we were not going to budge. Ok but you have to stay out here. They took Aden in to a room and he was in there for over 40 minutes!! Mark getting really annoyed by now and I told him not to speak and I would do the talking,
Otherwise I think I'd be bailing HIM out of jail!!
Finally Aden came out and they said it was just a random thing (bs) but they were asking me a heap of questions as well!
Great start to the holiday!! Got the shuttle to our hotel, which is lovely and then crashed.

1 comment:

  1. It could only happen to Aden, poor thing. Hope it doesn't air soon on a series of Airport Security. Rom had better leave the protein powder at home if that's what happens. Hope the rest of the journey is not as eventful.

    ReplyDelete