Tuesday 20 December 2011

Day 11: Disneyland

We woke nice and early..... But we wanted to have brekkie first and decided to eat at the hotel. We had a bit of everything!! And oh so many cups of coffee! we had all good intentions to get an early start but in true Muir fashion... We stuffed around with other things first and ended up there around 1/4 to 11. Being Sunday and this close to Christmas, I thought it would be empty because who in their right mind would be on holidays and go to Disneyland with so much to do before Christmas and in the middle of winter????...
EVERYBODY!!! Holy cow the Placed was packed!!!!!!! And that was just at the entrance!! Of course we had to study the list of what to buy.... One day one park pass.... One day two park hopper pass, two day pass... Three day pass... Way toooooo much information and choice for Mark.... I thought I was bad making decisions!! After much deliberation :| we FINALLY bought a two day two park hopper pass!! Fabulous!
We are busting to get going...........
Until we get in the gate and Disneyland is on the right and California Adventure Park is on the left......
More discussion on which park to go to first!!....
I am about to scream
........arrrrggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Ok Disneyland it is!
We get through the gate and right in front are beautiful gardens decorated with the shape of Mickey Mouse's head in the centre with absolutely gorgeous flowers and shrubs and the gardens are calling me!!! I am almost pushing everyone out the way because this is a scrap moment if I ever saw one!
Disneyland would be great if all the people and their kids weren't there!
I finally get my family dead centre and the light is just right with Mickey smiling behind them and my camera wouldn't take the photo!!
I click and click and change the setting and nothing.
Ok don't panic I can take another one later when all these people have moved on...
We walk under a little bridge and I see a stunningly beautiful Christmas tree and gorgeous decorations and I am mentally organizing what pictures to take and wanting to snap everything! I don't want to forget a thing!!!!
This is so exciting! I love seeing Patrick's face, he is trying to be cool but he just as happy as I am to be here!
I start trying to take pictures and my camera just won't co-operate :(
An error shows and then it shuts down completely. I am ready to cry. If fact I think I did. My scrap friends will understand how utterly devastating this is! Especially today!
Aden calms me down and takes me to a photographic store and a photographer has a look at the camera and she cannot seem to work out what the problem is either :( I can get some action in manual mode but I can't focus.
I took a photo with my iPhone and the quality was ok so I at least had some way to record the day.
More decisions on which ride to go on first! We agreed on Space Mountain as we were closest to this. The wait time was lit up next to the entrance as 50 minutes!! We just got here.... We didn't want to wait in line!!
So people don't have to wait in line, they have a system called FastPass You use your entry ticket and you scan it into a machine near the ride and it will tell you a time to come back and you can bypass the line.
Great! We thought we'd go to all the rides and hit the FastPass!! Ah No :( once you have used your card to FastPass, you cannot do it again for another TWO HOURS!! You just have to wait..... And wait..... And wait!!
Everything was at least a 50 minute wait or longer. Despite this, we managed to do every major ride the boys wanted to do. I begged them to do the cup and saucers with me! You cannot go to Disneyland and not do the cup and saucers!! I felt sick at the end of the ride though!!
The day goes by quickly and your poor legs, feet and calves and back are aching and there is so much more to do! Mark and I are certainly feeling our age but let me tell you, we are running rings around Patrick stamina wise!!
He is really feeling it with all the walking around. There is so much I want to see and do and they just want to go on rides!! You could come everyday for two weeks and I don't think you'd see it all. I really wanted to go to Toon Town and see It's a small world and go on the Mark Twain and look for Nemo and go on the Pirates of the Caribbean and go through the Haunted House and they pooh poohed all of it.
Hmmm I will come back for a second day and get my way then.
We head over to California Adventure Park and it is dark by then and the park is all lit up spectacularly!!!
I just want to take photos and the boys just want to look at everything. They are getting quite annoyed at me stopping every two minutes and wandering off if something catches my eye!!
I have had a play around with my camera and if i change everything to manual it seems to work! It just won't even let you take a picture with the wide angle on auto but it will with the zoom lens!! I have taken nearly all the pictures I have wanted though.
Going through the park, we head straight to the rollercoaster California Screamin. Mark and Patrick (sooky la las) opted not to go and as there was a 15 minute wait, Aden and I were busting to have a go. It was an awesome ride!! I think I screamed the whole thing! The start is the best as it goes from zero to 90 in 4 seconds. Then we went straight to the other fast scary ride the Hollywood hotel tower of terror as we quickly got a fast pass.. It would have to be my newest most favourite ride. I was terrified!! Absolutely loved it. It is a bit like The Drop at Dreamworld.
We walked around and then stayed to watch the World of Color which was an awesome night show with water, light, fire and colour with Disney characters each telling a little story! It was magnificent and we all loved it. We still had our fast pass for space mountain at 11.10pm and we were just so spent! Our legs were jelly and all we wanted to do was go to bed! Knowing we had another day, we voted to go home and go to bed.
When we got back to the hotel, which I didn't like at all! No Wi-FI, coffee in styrofoam cups in the room and our bathroom was not very clean. The brekkie was nice though and it was across the road from Disneyland, well across the road and a little bit up the road.... Lol

No comments:

Post a Comment