Sunday 11 December 2011

Day 3: Rodeo Drive, Hollywood...

After finally getting to sleep last night.......waaaay too much caffeine!! I reminded Mark to remind me to ask for decaf today! I am a little tired today. We went for brekkie at the hotel again. It was nice but once you have the buffet breakfast once... You get tired of it pretty quickly. We left Aden in the room and he joined us pretty quickly after he realized we were going to eat! After breakfast we didn't really have to rush as it was a 12.00pm checkout not 10.00am like we first thought!
We left out bags at reception and headed off for our little walk to Rodeo Drive. Lovely Long walk! But it was a gorgeous day 19C and not a cloud in the sky! Beverly Hills is so clean, no litter and everyone drives an awesome car!! EVERYONE honks their horn though! At nothing mostly! And I've seen no road rage by people when they get honked. This amazes me because if someone honks Mark, he turns into a maniac! I just wanted to be loaded, go crazy and buy something from any shop there!! The Christmas decorations were stunning and made sure I got pics of them!! Aden was getting quite annoyed at my constant snapping at everything. Although we did spot a Bugatti with personalized plates and over a dozen people snapping away. Aden grabbed my camera and took some pics too. We have since googled the car and it's worth 4,000,000,000 the guy who owns the boutique puts it out the front so it can be photographed and get its shop more attention. Yeah it worked lol!
We then kept walking and after much complaining by the three of us to mark..... Actually only Paddy and I were complaining.....not Aden (mr fit)
We stopped at Starbucks and had a rest and coffee!!! Poor Paddy wanted an iced coffee, like you'd get in Australia but he got a really sweet coffee and ice cubes but no milk!! He was shattered!!
Starbucks have wi-fi. We just love wifi
I got a hold of Donna, my
Cousin and we arranged to meet at The Cheesecake Factory at The Grove Farmers market. OMG that place had changed heaps since we were last there....so upmarket and I loved it. They had a 100 foot tree with a great big fountain, lots of music and bands a huge trolley car, boutique shops and lots of people enjoying the Christmas atmosphere. We met with Donna and Robert and Aden and Patrick decided we were too boring and went shopping.
As we had a huge brekkie we weren't hungry and just went to Starbucks. I love that place!!!!
We had a great catch up... Donna is involved in the entertainment industry and I was devastated with the gossip she was feeding me!!!!!! I will never look at some stars the same way again!!! :( :( :(
We walked back to a meeting point to collect Aden and Patrick and I was just about to get my camera to take a picture of Donna and I when I realized
I'd left my handbag, containing our passports and credit cards under the table at Starbucks.!! I bolted back through all the market stalls, praying that my bag would still be there. It was!
The lady said she tried to follow us but we were too quick and knew id be back when I realized I didn't have it. I was so relived. The thought of losing our passports ( my camera & SD card) was too hard to bear. After I calmed down we said our goodbyes and caught a bus to Grumann's Chinese Theatre. Aden and Patrick loved seeing all the star's names and the foot and handprints of the stars. There were so many that they had never heard of too. They got wise pretty quick with the con artists too. Characters posing for tips and people shoving cd's in your hands before you know it you have to buys it!
Aden was walking with his hands in his pocket the whole time!
We walked a couple of blocks and soaked up the atmosphere and found a big mall with a fabulous view of the Hollywood sign. We decided to go to hard rock for dinner but we were told it didn't open for dinner until 10!!
We found a McDonalds and got our WI-FI fix (and caffeine fix) lots and lots of 'characters' in LA!!! We saw an extremely skinny man, he had to be in his sixties, half naked, wearing roller skates! His wiry grey beard was just peeking out from a hoodie/scarf thing. He had the best tan! He was dancing around on the road and we were watching and waiting for him to get run over....... He didn't!
We caught a taxi back to our hotel to pick up our bags and wait for our shuttle to LAX. We had a couple of drinks in the bar and chatted to an English couple we'd met on our first night.
We only had to pick up another person in the shuttle. I was thinking it was going to take ages as we were the first in the van!
The shuttle dropped us off and the driver was carrying on about wanting to see the paperwork. I'd booked on the net a month ago and finally found the paperwork to show him. We went inside the terminal and put Aden and Patrick's bag together (domestically , you are charged $20-$25 per bag) the shuttle guy tracked us down demanding we pay him because our original trip had been cancelled! He was getting quite agitated and after working out the hotels concierge cancelled the whole booking instead of the adjusting the time!!!
We lined up and this is where we started to get worried....... The man behind the counter looked at my paperwork with such a confused look on his face I thought we'd been ripped off and there was no booking!!
"ooooh are you going to Raleigh?"
"umm no we are going to memphis!"
"oh yeah"
.........
"One bag is too heavy!"
"But we've got two bags between us...."
"Take something out of one and put in the other..."
"Really?"
"So do you want your bags to go to Memphis?"
Then mark whispers in my ear, "OMG Angela! Is this Homer Simpson Airlines?!?!?"
I'm getting scared now so pop another travel calm!
You get what you pay for...
Going through security was even more tight than international. I was watching to see of Aden got picked again and I hear, "security security I need a check please"
Not Aden but Patrick this time...... Silly boy left a bottle of water in his bag!
Getting ready to board and we spot the captain.... This doesn't inspire any confidence as he is strutting along in his leather bomber jacket......
Popped another travel calm for good measure!
Once again the photos not in order....

No comments:

Post a Comment