Wednesday 14 December 2011

Day 5: North Carolina

We got up nice and early and went down for breakfast. Mark was so excited at a whole display of Krispy Kreme donuts! We all ate our breakfast with Elvis music blaring from speakers around the room. They have really cashed in on whole Elvis thing. If you can put Elvis on it.... They will. We caught a shuttle to the airport and waited for our flight to Raleigh via Atlanta. I treated myself to a Memphis windcheater ( which I won't wear until I get back to oz) this left us broke until we can get to an ATM so when we were in Atlanta, I only had enough pennies and quarters for one cup of coffee......... So guess who got the cup?
We finally got to Raleigh/Durham airport about 2.30 ish seemed like we wasted our whole day traveling as we left Memphis at 8.43 am!!
We got to the hotel and booked in. Really nice hotel too. We rang Lachlan and he was at Duke uni and like a good boy he is, he got some great photos for me!! Ones I would have staged myself!! Lol
We decided to have Mexican for dinner at a restaurant just near here and it was delicious! Mark and I had brisket for dinner. Patrick decided he didn't like anything Mexican and opted for a bowl of chips and Aden craving meat had a rib eye with mashed potatoes. Mark is extremely happy with the price of caronas $4.00.
When we came back to the hotel the team were back and it was so good to see Lachlan again. Seems like so much longer than 9 days! He told us everything he'd been doing and was in the room next door.
They are leaving tomorrow morning to go to NC uni and play a game in Mocksville which is 2.5 hours away.

No comments:

Post a Comment